Important Questions to Ask When Hiring a Contractor
Here are some important questions to consider when deciding on a contractor:
Do they have a Valid License Number for General Contracting?
Do they offer Valid Liability and Compensation For General Contraction (See Exclusions)?
Are their past clients accessible to speak to or visit a job site?
- Do they have an office or showroom you can visit?
- Can they provide 4 references of projects comparable to yours?
- Is their pricing based on square footage?
If so, ask to see an upfront design layout!
- Do they offer an upfront budget with allowances and materials to be used?
- Can they answer structural questions and provide a plan of attack for project?